Sunday, October 12, 2014

YWAM Update #1

Wow! Week One of DTS has come and gone and tomorrow begins a new week filled with new teachings.

This is a short overview of my week and what has been going on!
I arrived in Kansas City on October 3rd with an expectant heart of what God was about to do, but I honestly had no idea it was going to be this good! I share a building called “Westside” with two families and about 40 single girls who are hungry to see God move, who love passionately and deeply care so much about each other it is far beyond any expectation I could have had.  Hunger, expectancy and nervousness swept through our dorms as more girls started arriving last Friday, and I instantly knew that God was about to do something BIG! Friday night we all arrived in “Baugh Center” (pronounced Baa Center) at 7:00 p.m. sharp to begin a night of praise and adoration to the King. What was simply supposed to be a night of Worship, turned into a hungry heart cry from a generation that is longing to see Jesus made famous on this Earth.
Over the course of the weekend, we had Orientation to cover all of the ground rules, get to know our staff and find out what the next three months was going to look like for us. Saturday I turned 24 and I was greeted early in the morning by a handful of girls singing “Happy Birthday” to me, a friend that I had met a few months before I moved to KC made me a cake and over 100 people later in the day sang to me again. I received over 20 Birthday cards from my church family back home and was honestly so blessed by everyone!


7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.  Five days a week we are in training and our weekends vary week to week. Our days start with breakfast at 7:00 a.m. Base cleaning from 8:00-8:30, worship at 8:45 and Lecture for three hours, Lunch @ 12:00 and then off to work duty…. (I have work duty in the evenings so I get 2 solid hours of “off time” where I work on my homework, clean my room or do laundry)….then IHOP, Support Raising class, Bible Study or Intercession from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.,Dinner right at 5:00 and then work duty following until 7:00 p.m.then we move onto Outreach, Church Gatherings, or Worship nights. My days are literally filled with fellowship, Worship, Jesus and constant learning and growing. 

This past week we tackled the topic on "Hearing the Voice of God" and everyone of us had crazy breakthrough! Our last class on Friday we went through some lies that we believed had shaped us from the beginning, we then asked the Lord what the truth to that lie was and asked Him to reveal to us how we took it on ourselves and made it apart of our identity.....Then we asked the Lord to speak truth to all those things based on the lie that we believed. I can't even begin to put into words the amount of freedom I felt in my heart after I just let it all out.

This is a picture of me doing my truth declarations in front of my whole class!!



Friday afternoon, the BIG reveal happened! We found out who our teams were and where we would be going on Outreach! I am on a team with 20 fiery, passionate lovers of Jesus, who long to make His name known!!! 
We will be going to INDIA!!!!!!!!!

For the first time ever we will be taking ALL of our DTS students to the same location! We will be going for 11 weeks, and all 86+ students will be going. For three weeks we will all be ministering together and then we will be sent out to different parts of the country with our individual teams.  More information is to come, but please join with me in prayer as I continue to prepare for this nation. Pray that doors will be open for radical encounters where people come to know Jesus as the ONE true God, that there would be hearts that are healed and that hearts would be softened to all that the Lord wants to do! Please keep my team in your prayers as well!!!
















"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying " Whom shall I send? And who will go for us"
And I said, "Here am I, send me!"
Isaiah 6:8  

No comments:

Post a Comment