Saturday, August 16, 2014

The times they are a changing


As most of you know, in June I went on a trip with Burn 24\7 called the Burn Wagon. The Burgn Wagon is a 3 week long trip that takes you across a part of America uniteing with different church bodies and bringing prayer and worship to cities igniting them with passion to pursue the King harder then ever to make His name famous!


While on this trip I learned a few things about myself that I didn't even know needed healing. Places of my heart that I had just accepted would never change or didn't want to change because it would be to painful to go to that place.   Not knowing what to expect on this trip and having no real expectations of what the Lord was going to do I basically just told the Lord to have His way and do whatever He wanted to do within me. 

After being loved uncomfortably for three weeks and having amazing leaders who helped walk with me through this journey I felt like even tough there was so much breakthrough I knew there was even more that the Lord wanted to do within me!

Fast forward to June 24th, I am sitting in the Philadelphia airport waiting for my plane to board. Choking back tears while the realization hits me that I have just left 7 of the most amazing beautiful souls that have impacted my life in a way they will never understand and the Lord speaks to me. 

" Alyssa, I always want to be on an adventure with you"  my response is quit simple..." Okay, Lord! I want to be on an adventure with you too" I am starting to think that I have no idea where he is going with this conversation... " You see, you relate traveling to adventure but even when you aren't traveling I still want to be going on adventures with you"  Well that's easy. "Well, what's next Lord?!?" I ask in anticipation with great excitement in my heart! All I hear is "YWAM" .....ummm what! "Lord, I think you are forgetting that I have made a commitment to work this coming school year, I already told Jess that I would work for her this coming school year. I can't go to YWAM" The arguing begins. 

I explain to the Lord in great detail all the reasons why I can't go to YWAM....I know He listens to them all but you see this has been a long time coming. I have always had a heart that dreams of living in a third world country, taking care of many babies and children and loving on the locals sharing with them the love of Jesus. I just never thought it would be now. I never even though that it would be happening in my 20's while I am still trying to figure out who I am, and also while I am still single. I had this idea in my head that I would marry the man of my dreams, we would have a few kids and then the Lord would send our little family out into the mission field.  So again, I tell the Lord I can't do this. All the other things didn't really matter but this commitment I had made was one I was not willing to break.


I arrive in Boston an hour later and turn my phone back on. The text message I receive literally had me laughing out loud. I get a message from Jess apologizing to me and letting me know that they will no longer need me because she is going to stay at home with the kids due to a series of events had taken place while I was on the Burn Wagon. I was shocked, stunned, absolutely flabbergasted that the one excuse that I had thrown at the Lord was no longer an excuse anymore. YWAM was beginning to become more of a reality then I wanted it too.  I was scared about telling everyone back home, leaving this amazing family that I have had for the past three years, unsure if I would even return back to Maine. I prayed about it and processed with a few trusted people in my life. Everyone was encouraging me to go, and so I began the application process.




 With lots of prayer I chose three different locations to pray about. Harrisburg, PA. No. Tyler, Texas. No. Kansas City, Missouri.....Silence. No answer. Nothing. I prayed about it some more and felt peace, so I started applying to Kansas City. Not that Kansas City isn't great...but the middle of America, really?!? I was so confused! I met with more people, asked people to join me in prayer. If it was meant to be the Lord would open the doors, if it wasn't meant to be I would settle back into Maine and begin to ask the Lord what it was He wanted me to do here.

After over a month of waiting, and praying, and trusting. I got the news yesterday. I have been accepted the into YWAM Kansas City Fall DTS!!!! I am so beyond excited! I have 5 more weeks in Maine till I begin my new adventure in life!!! Please join me in praying for a smooth transition, and that everything goes well with the drive out, medical forms, packing, and saying goodbye to all my lovely friends and family!!!

All for Him,
Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. This is truly so so exciting and I'm so thrilled to hear of all the adventures you are and will be having with the Lord!! I know when the Lord called us to leave, I had no clue how to begin to tell people. It was all unexpected, seemingly less exciting than I would have imagined, and felt so ordinary. But God is showing me SO.MUCH! I can't even imagine who I'd be if I were still in Maine. My heart is changing so much! And I've found that the Lord truly is MORE than enough. :) Praying and praying for you sweet friend! I hope we'll have the opportunity to connect a little while we're near each other. Bless you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My phone finally let me open your blog!! YAY!! I know this has been on your heart for a looooong time! I.am so.thrilled you received your acceptance into Kansas City. Praying that you will have more than enough funds to go and make your calling a reality!! Love you. Praying for you lovely lady!!

    ReplyDelete