Sunday, September 5, 2010

Holding On

"Weeping may remain for the night,
but rejoicings comes in the morning"
Pslams 30:5


Life is a precious gift, one of the most valuable things. It can be taken for granted so easily...our friends and family can be gone with a blink of an eye. Recently I blogged about the newest addition to our family, Gianna Olivia. She came into this world 3 weeks before her due date and is now home :) But other people are not so fortunate. I just recently found out an old co-worker of mine has passed away. I moved down the east coast so I am not connected with people back home. like I would want to be. Her name was Anita, she was an older lady...kind of like a grandma for all the teens at Stop and Shop. Her face was always light up with a cheerful smile, and her heart was always full of joy! She would always ask how my day was going, and I had the awesome opportunity to train her, and really form a relationship with her. She was truly an example to live by. She had so much joy, had a very giving heart, loved to help other people, and never asked for anything in return. I remember when she found out I would be graudating from KHS (Kennebunk High School) she was so happy for me and was so proud that she went out and got me a certificate to get my nails done! I was so blessed to know her. Anita came down with cancer and passed away abruptly, I am sure even when she found out she was sick...she was still doing everything for others. That is just how she was. Anita has now gone home to be with the Lord, and I know that she not only had an impact in my life but many others! We love you Anita, you are greatly missed by many.

As many of you know I moved away from Maine the end of May, down to Northern Virginia to start a new nanny position. So I am not sure of the whole situation but this is what I do know, and my heart is so heavy for this family and her friends.
Ashley lives up the street from me, a turnpike bridge seperates the distance between her road and mine. Ashley, a good friend of mine Megan and I hung out numerous times after school and into the summer months. We would drink Caprisun and those fruit drinks in the plastic containers..(teeney weeneys?) I think thats what they are called. Yesterday morning Ashley was pulling out of her road where she lives and was struck by a car. She was ejected from the car and landed on the asphalt. Ashley is now in critical condition, she fighting for her life. Hanging on for the thing we take for granted each day. Ashley is 17 years old and in her Senior year at KHS...she is a fighter and I know she will make it. Prayers are being lifted up for you Ashley, you are a fighter and you will get through this. Don't let this get you down. fight back and show everyone just how strong of a girl you are! We are all praying for you and by your side fighting along with you and your family. Stay Strong!

Guys, I say all of this to make you realize how precious life truly is. It can be taken away from any one of us so quickly. What are you living for? If you passed on tomorrow what would people have to say about you at your funeral?
Make an IMPACT
CHANGE the course of History
LIVE your life for CHRIST

Lyss

No comments:

Post a Comment